<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Glam Dora Backpack Invitations

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Glam Dora Backpack Invitations

I started my party planning for my daughter's 3rd birthday today and I'm excited on how well her invites turned out! Especially since I am not an artist and didn't have a template to work off of!




This image I found online was my inspiration.






















First I folded a sheet of paper in half and made two shapes like this one, for the front and back.





Then I traced my template and cut out the two parts on my purple paper. Then I glued the edges around to secure.




I wanted to glam up the backpack a little so I attached ribbon to the bottom front and feather boa stuff to the bottom back







I found the backpack face pieces on Nick Jr. here,







I made an insert for the invite info to place inside the invite. I also embellished the top with ribbon.
Also I glued a tiny velcro circle to keep the backpack closed.



The invites say this:

We need your help!
Will you help us celebrate Lily’s
3rd birthday?
Great!
Come on Vamanos! Everybody let’s go!
Where are we going?
Lily’s House-
When are we going?
date and time of party



I will be working on some cute decorations next so stay tuned for some chic Dora fun!!

I am linking to:








Making The World Cuter Mondays



Show and Tell Green


this blessed nest


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!











Today's Creative Blog

5 Comments:

At March 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger nest of posies said...

look at this!!! LOVE the little boa added to the back. adorable. i know 3 little ones that would love to receive something like this. too cute. thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

have a super weekend.
kellie

 
At March 14, 2011 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Cute, the feather boa makes the invitation even better! I hope you're daughter has a great birthday!

 
At March 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

CUTE!!!! winks-jen

 
At March 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Kalleen at Second Street said...

So great. Thanks for sharing them with me. I was thrilled to not do invites, but these would have been fun.
Kalleen

 
At March 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is stinking cute!

I am having a giveaway on my blog. $35 + free shipping to get a custom trendy backpacks from Paige Holliday Designs, an Etsy store. All you have to do to win is leave a comment saying which backpack you like.

http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home