<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Glam Dora Birthday Party Decorations

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Glam Dora Birthday Party Decorations

My daughter is crazy for Dora! She can go an entire episode and repeat/do everything Dora says....I try talking in Dora voice and it doesn't work! So when I asked her about 6 months ago what type of party she wanted for the big "3" I wasn't surprised to hear "Dooowwwa!" It'll be hard to top last years Elmo party, but I think we will! I love "boutique style" glam parties !!




Here is a sneak peek at some of the decorations I have been working on this week.
















The first thing I'd like to show you is my great Goodwill find turned ribbon cake plate.



























The plate was $3.99 and the cup $.99. After gluing with E600, I added some matching ribbon for the party.
































I can either use it for food, or I thought my pinwheel bouquet looks great on top of it!

The little pinwheels where on sale for $.49 at Hobby Lobby and the pail was from Michael's at $2.99. I added ribbon and tulle for embellishment.




By far I have spent the longest time on her banner. This is because I don't have a fancy cutting machine and did all the tracing, stenciling and cutting by hand!! I figured out you can make a scalloped circle by just folding a circle in 1/8ths and rounding the edges.

























Ok so this is my first time making party and they are actually harder than they look!!! It took me hours because I tried to find a template online and none worked. Plus I like the bigger size hats. So now I know to use a 12x12 paper and cut a template that looks like my blue piece of paper. After that you just roll them up and tape. I used decorative trim and feathers at the top to embellish.


























This cute purple mirror is from Hobby Lobby on sale this week for $5.99. I have a bunch of wall decals that I found for $4.00 on clearance from Target and Boots is who I chose for the mirror.


















I made the Dora subway art from Picnic (I am obsessed with Picnic photo editing by the way)! I came across the Dora subway art idea from At Second Street.






I also added ribbon straps to the Glam Dora Backpack Invitations I made.






















Whew I am tired after all that...are you?











Hope you enjoyed...I will post the entire party after it happens next week!















xoxo















Lina



Linking To:































Chic on a Shoestring Decorating




504 Main



French Country Cottage-Feathered Nest Friday







Weekend Bloggy Reading

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special








Today's Creative Blog



Photobucket




HouseofHepworths

16 Comments:

At April 21, 2011 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Karen said...

It is so cute!! Your daughter will be beyond excited.

 
At April 21, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, you are incredible! There's no way I would even be able to come up with all of that stuff. Great job! :)

 
At April 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Holly Lefevre said...

That is the best Dora party I have ever seen! Great job on the details! Pretty!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

I love this idea!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Kelli W said...

That cake plate is awesome! I need to be on the lookout for something similar at the thrift store! I love the hats too...the decorative trim around the bottom is the perfect touch!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ Your Dora party is absolutely darling!! Love all the fun and pretty purples! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :) Have a wonderful weekend! :)

 
At April 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

You did and amazing job with all the decorations! The cake plate is too cute!!
Visiting from Amanda's party,
Veronica

 
At April 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Katie @ OhhBaby said...

Your little pedestal plate is so cute! I love it!

 
At April 24, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You did a marvelous job!! I love the cute little party hats. :)

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Hope you had a lovely Easter! :)

 
At April 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Blogger ♥ Miss Tea said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! love her choice of the party theme, i love dora too , used to watch the shows when babysitting my sibling's children hahaha

Im blog hopping from homemakeronadime creative bloggers' party and hop!

Susan @ http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

 
At April 25, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW who new you could make Dora look so girly and glam. I adore this party. SO PRECIOUS. Love the backpacks and the mirror. I will be sharing this on my C.O.M. FB page. winks-jen

 
At April 25, 2011 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Ange said...

Wow! You are going to rock this birthday party right out of the park! Love the cake plate/flower stand you made. Want to do my kids' birthday parties next? ;)

 
At April 26, 2011 at 3:13 AM , Blogger Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is so soooo..cute! Happy b'day to your little one :)

Lovely blog..

Sanghamitra.
http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

 
At April 26, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

It's so cute! However as a fellow Mommy who watches too much kids tv, that's not Swiper, it's Boots. :)

 
At April 27, 2011 at 6:26 AM , Blogger Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

all of this is soooo cute. i love those pinwheels especially. everything coordinates beautifully :)

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Girlish Whims! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-4-and-features.html

 
At April 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Lina! This is a little girl's party dream come true :) Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home