<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: No Slip Dish Towel

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No Slip Dish Towel







As soon as I saw this idea (via Pinterest) from Pin,Sew,Press I knew it was genious! With two small kids I am constantly picking up the kitchen towel off the floor from the oven handle. I'm already looking for the perfect hand towel for the bathroom to do this!

This is a perfect beginner sewing project...If I can do it so can you. Although I do have good news. My sewing skills have improved since I upgraded machines to a hand me down Singer from my grandma. It really does make a difference to have a great working machine. Yeah...

Here's my one sentence tutorial. Sew two 2 1/2 inch wide strips of fabric onto your towel (about 6 inches apart) and then string your ribbon through. It's really that easy. See the entire tutorial on Pin, Sew Press.





After I made my first one I raided my local Ross for inexpensive cute towels and bought a bunch for $1.49 each! I already had corresponding fabric scaps and ribbon. These are so fun to make.

And wouldn't this make the cutest shower gift or housewarming? Everyone can use new cute kitchen towels! :)




$1.99 dish towel from Ross.











Also $1.99 from Ross..This is nice organic cotton.




And my cute little vintage one. Just $1.49 for a pack of 3.

















So now this could become an obsession and everyone I know may receive this for Christmas. Oh how cute would a Christmas towel be?! See what I mean, this could go on and on. Hope you found this helpful!


Love it?
Pin It



























xoxo



Lina



Partying here:












freckled laundry






Photobucket



The Pinterest Challenge @ Young House Love




Somewhat Simple

Tranformation Thursday @ Shabby Creek Cottage








HookingupwithHoH





36th Avenue



Passionately Artistic



UndertheTableandDreaming




Tip Junkie handmade projects


















Designer Garden

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special






Homemaker In Heels



29 Comments:

At August 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Debbiedoos said...

Those are darling!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Debbiedoos said...

How did you get that pin it on your blog? I am still trying to figure that out.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM , Blogger MamaMonki said...

I love these. Totally going to add this to my favorites list.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Cute! I love your color combos. I always hang my towels on the stove, and I spend half my time picking it up!! Thanks for sharing.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Bunny Jean said...

That is a really clever idea. Thanks for grabbing that and sharing. The towels you made are very pretty.

I have a new party that just started today and I would love to have you come join in on the fun...

I have two blogs so be sure to go to Bunny Jeans Decor and More.

xoxo Bunny Jean

 
At August 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! I'm definitely going to make some for my kitchen (and bathroom too!)

 
At August 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Sunny Simple Life said...

Now that is too darn cute. I am loving the red and white one.

 
At August 3, 2011 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Sbb1 Wellness said...

This is so cute, I cannot wait to try it out!
I'm a new follower:

http://slipstitchesandmore.blogspot.com

 
At August 3, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger . said...

These are fantastic Lina!!! I'm not a sewer at all...but I keep thinking one day I'm going to pull that stinkin' machine back out and give it another try. Maybe I've grown more patient with age? LOL

 
At August 3, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Angie said...

I wait to try this! I will be pinning...:)

 
At August 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

I agree...pure genius. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

 
At August 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Little City Farm said...

These are so cute. Love them and the price is right.

 
At August 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

So I was all excited to make my mirror turned chalkboard....took it all apart, painted the frame, painted the wood...was ready to distress it, when someone bought it to turn back into the mirror! Oh well! :) Thanks for linking this to Thrifty Thursday! :)

 
At August 3, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

Visiting from Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop Party
~Suzanne in Illinois, USA

 
At August 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your towel is so cute and oh, so practical!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

luv luv the towels, I'm constantly bending down to pick them up, this will solve the issue.

I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

 
At August 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your kitchen story is the story of my life as well! I am so excited about this solution, I have been trying to figure out what to do to keep the towels off the floor. They are super cute too!!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Sommer said...

Wow what a fantastic idea! I just picked up a bunch of vintage tea towels I should do this with =) I hope you will come share this at my VIP party today. http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/08/vip-party-22.html

 
At August 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

What a clever idea......Oh I am going to try this for sure!!!
The options are endless and the gift giving season is right around the corner!!

Hurray!

~~Wendy

 
At August 8, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

I got so excited I had to add a link to my blog. I cannot wait to try this!!!

~~Wendy

 
At August 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week. I love this dish towel. It came out awesome and we've chosen to feature it on our blog today! We hope you'll join us again tomorrow for another edition of "What's Up Wednesday's".

 
At August 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Amy @MoMomma said...

I saw this on Sew Woodsy, Thanks for posting!! I didn't even know I NEEDED to do this till I saw your post. I instantly thought... "Bathroom Towel!" SOoooo awesome! I think I'll make some for Christmas Gifts for family too. Great idea!

 
At August 10, 2011 at 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ingenious! I love it!! Our towels end up all over the kitchen. Can't wait to try it!!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

What a brilliant idea! They all look super-cute, too! I found you at T&J and I am a new follower! :) I would love for you to link this up to my Weekend Soiree at Homemaker in Heels! Have a great weekend! http://www.homemakerinheels.com/
Crystal

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Jordan McCollum said...

Cute! My mom had something like these to keep her towels on the oven. Thanks for sharing! Here from Funky Junk.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

This is such a labor of love! Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE these! Thanks for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday!

{xo}
Jami

 
At August 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Crystal said...

LOVE these! Thanks so much for linking up to my Weekend Soiree! I will be featuring this post tonight, so feel free to stop by and grab a "featured" button! :) Have a great weekend!
Crystal
www.homemakerinheels.com

 
At August 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Sibylle said...

very nice! love the gingham one!

thanks for stopping by fun.kyti.me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home