<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Crepes & Bacon Bread Sticks (Ladies Brunch)

Friday, March 2, 2012

Crepes & Bacon Bread Sticks (Ladies Brunch)


I believe as a mom it's essential to have a great mommy support system. People that understand you and all the fun and unfun details that come along with parenthood. I've been fortunate to have this twice. Once in Las Vegas where we lived for awhile, I was in the best Mommy & Me group, and now here in AZ I have my fellow Kinder garden moms. They are a blast!
Last week we got together to have our sweet friend Agnes host a crepe breakfast. She happens to be from Poland and alot more international than me :) She taught us how to make crepes and I've already made them for my fam!




She of course does not use a recipe and just goes by about 1.5 cups flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, and a tablespoon of carbonated water. Add more milk if need be so the consistency is more soupy and alot thinner than pancakes. Cooking on high is the key here. You really have to stand there and use a tiny bit of oil to grease the pan. They cook fast. And they are FANTASTIC...Light and wonderful. She spread Nutella, cream cheese and banana on mine and folded twice. They were beyond yum.


One of my friends, who by the way has a new blog called Sissy's Kitchen, made these awesome bacon wrapped bread sticks. I've never seen anything like them! Besides looking fancy and cool, they also tasted great! This would be perfect for Easter brunch or special occasion..

Pin It
















BACON BREAD STICKS recipe by Sissy's Kitchen

Bread Sticks. As you remember they are long, thin and crunchy. I break these in half so they are not too long.
I will do recipe per one pkg of thin cut bacon.
Cut all the bacon strips in half and let them get to room temperature. They are more ply able this way.
Mix all these in a bowl
1 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
Take a piece of Bacon and dredge in the brown sugar mixture really good on both sides. Now wrap tightly one end of the bread stick and stretch and wrap the bread stick. You will have about 1/4 to 1/2 of the bread stick wrapped in bacon. This is what you want because if too much bacon is on the bread stick it can weight it down, then you can't grab it properly.
Pre Heat Oven 350
Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cookie cooling rack on top. Place bacon bread stick on the rack. The bacon grease will cook off and onto foil below.
Cook till brown and crispy. About take 20 min or more. All ovens are different.. Check them periodically. The bacon grease may smoke a little, if you want cover the bread sticks in the beginning of cooking oven like 10 min it helps the smoke. Sometimes they don't.. I think less fat on the bacon cuts down on this.
Let them cool on rack before removing.
I serve these cold.
Anytime she brings these to a function they are the first to go and I understand why!



P.S. If you're looking for the ingredients above, try these coupons for Kmart.



Thanks ladies for the best brunch ever!! xo




P.S. Don't forget to enter to win free Scrapbooking software from My Memories here! Really? I only have one entry? What's up with that? It's a great tool...:-)












Linking here:
Photobucket


Fun Stuff Fridays



Tip Junkie handmade projects










Laugh, Love, & Craft






The 36th AVENUE












10 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Amy Fredrikson said...

Wow! This looks like heaven! I don't eat meat but man if I did bacon would be the first thing I'd go for!

 
At March 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Lindsi B said...

Ooooh I love everything about this meal! Wish I had "smell- a- vision" computers! I found you on Tater Tots and Jello. I'd love to have you link up with us for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party at Toys In The Dryer. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/03/fun-stuff-fridays-13.html

 
At March 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM , Blogger simona said...

delicious! i love making crepes but somehow have forgotten about them the past few months. will have to make some this weekend! and my hubby loves just about anything wrapped in bacon so i'll have to try these out. i pinned everything so i won't forget :)

 
At March 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Babs said...

OMGosh, I'm sitting here with my mouth 'watering'. The crepes and bacon sticks are calling me. I could probably eat half of them right now. I've gotta make some.
Babs

 
At March 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Ivy and Elephants said...

Just checking out your blog, these caught my eye. Looks so yummy! Gotta try that bacon breadstick, ...so cute!
Following you and inviting you to join our WIW link party, we'd love to have you share with us.
Hugs,
Patti

 
At March 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

The food looks divine. Looks like a fun time. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

 
At March 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Bliss said...

Stopping over after seeing your feature at Savvy Southern Style. I just had to come and read about those bacon things.

~Bliss~

 
At March 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM , Blogger live and luv said...

Comin' to you via WUW. I am sooo making all of this! Not sure for what occasion but it looks heavenly. Crepes are my fave! I love Nutella and what's not to love about bacon! Nummy!

 
At March 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM , Blogger cgammeter said...

Hi, I'm Connie @ http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, now your newest LF friend, stop by and follow me too. So glad I found you.

 
At October 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Beejay said...

such yummy food! love the bacon and bread sticks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home