<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Homemade baby gifts

Monday, December 17, 2012

Homemade baby gifts


Good morning! How is everyone holding up? I've been so emotional and crying every time I hear the news or something on Facebook about the poor victims in Connecticut. I've also been so moved by the many quick thinking heroic teachers who saved their students...amazing. 
It's also crazy how when something terrible happens like this, every tiny thing I was stressing about is suddenly meaningless and we gain instant perspective on what's important...our loved ones.

My son's wonderful teacher is having a baby next month so Saturday I spent the morning loving on my kids and sewing her some homemade baby gifts.
The kids are having a mini shower for her this week.  

(I forgot to mention I bought those cute BabyLegs for $3 online a few weeks ago.)

I had a little bit of this cute Riley Blake fabric in my stash and thought it looked perfect for a boy.

I made an applique elephant onesie...we love elephants around here.

I know my lines are hardly straight...oh well :)
I also made a tie applique...


And finally one of these cute jumbo ric rac burp clothes. Read how these is done here. I've done lots of these for gifts. Read here about how I do applique...you all know I'm crazy about that as well! :)


I hope you all have a great week! I am looking forward to my 1st grader's holiday program tonight at school. 




The 36th AVENUE

1 Comments:

At December 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Breezy Brie said...

I know...I was bawling watching the news. Nothing makes sense.

On a happier note - I love the elephant! O my - so adorable!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home